Animal agriculture and overfishing are killing the ocean. This is exactly why our ships are fully vegan. Our crews thrive on a nutritious and, quite frankly delicious, plant-based diet. Our chefs work incredibly hard to make three meals a day to keep the ship's crew happy, a job which some call the hardest on board.
Sea Shepherd invites anyone who loves vegan food to join our challenge by sharing your favourite vegan recipe, hosting a virtual vegan dinner for friends and inspire them to donate to Sea Shepherd. A panel of vegan chefs will pick a winner in December, to be announced in a live online event with Sea Shepherd CEO Captain Alex Cornelissen. Winners will be rewarded with Sea Shepherd merchandise, and their recipe served to our ship's crew by the galley chefs.
We need you to inspire people in a way that is not only fun but also contributes to the protection of the ocean. First, by promoting a plant based diet and its positive impact on the ocean. Second, by raising money to support Sea Shepherd's campaigns against overfishing. The donations will keep our ships on the frontlines and will help us increase our operations against IUU (Illegal, Unregulated and Unreported) fishing.
This is how you can join Sea Shepherds Vegan Challenge:
1) Create a personal fundraising page by clicking on "do a fundraiser"
2) Share your favourite vegan recipe on your page
2) Invite your friends for a (virtual) dinner party where you share your recipe
3) Ask your friends to support Sea Shepherd via a donation on your personal page
4) Join the final event hosted by Sea Shepherd where all submitted recipes will be judged by a panel of vegan chefs